- Time: 9:00 AM sharp Saturday November 19
- Place: Largo Passamonti (parking lot behind Verano cemetery) Map
- Leave comment below to request or offer a ride.
- Colli Albani (Castel d'Ariano)
- Altitude: 891 m
- Trailhead: Centro Equestre Federale on via del Vivaro N 41° 45.014 E 012° 46.598
Driving time: about 45' drive from Rome, one way
- Hiking time: 3 hrs both ways, plus waiting and rest time. Note: there's a chance to split the group and do a longer hike for those who want to walk more.
- Terrain: Easy, suitable for kids
- Further trail information
What you need
- Food, water (at least 1.5 liters), layered clothing, hiking shoes
- Sun or rain gear as needed.
- Those who do have a car are encouraged to give others a ride. Post a comment below if you can offer a ride.
- If you need a ride, it is your responsibility to arrange for a ride directly with the car owners. Post a comment below if you need to request a ride.
- If you are riding someone's car, please offer to share the cost of gas and highway tolls as a courtesy.
- Every driver might democratically decide that s/he needs to have dinner after the hike and before driving back to Rome. So, if you have something to do in the evening and need to be back early, consider driving your own car or renting one.
Weather conditions can be unpredictable at times. Please check here again 9 PM the night before the hike for the final green light.
Sharing your pictures
After the hike, please click here to upload your pictures to the Castel D'Ariano Album (under construction).
For instructions to upload your pictures for each hike, click here.
Click to view all albums of previous hikes.